How do I enable Sinhala on windows 10?
- First type, language settings in Windows 10 search bar.
- Next, in windows setting go to the Time & Language and click on Language tab. Then click on Add a preferred language.
- Next, search the Sinhala language in the dialog box.
- Select Sinhala language and click next.
- Next, click on Install language pack and click on install button.
- Next, select Sinhala language pack and click on option button. Then you can see how the language pack is installed on your computer.
- After the language pack is completely installed, language tab appears on task bar.
- Then you can type in Sinhala.
Please follow the following video link on how to set up Sinhala in Windows 10? This video is available on our “Local Language Technical Help Centre” YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aOY-RGErGQ
How do I install the keyboard drivers?
- Open Control Panel
- Next, type and search Device Manager in Control Panel’s search bar.
- Next, click on Device Manager. Then a Device Manager dialog will open.
- Then, double click on the Keyboards. If the Keyboard drivers are required, this is usually represented with a yellow bang, or exclamation mark, icon.
- Next, right click the device and then click on Update Driver Software.
- Then, Update Driver Software dialog will open.
- Next, click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
How to download and install OpenOffice on Windows 10?
1) First go to the https://www.openoffice.org/download/ site
2) Then select the Operating System as Windows(EXE) and click on download the full installation.
3) Download the language pack too.
4) Then run and install the downloaded .exe file on your computer.
How do I type Sanyaka letters?
Please follow the following video link on how to type sanyaka letters. This video is available on our “Local Language Technical Help Centre” YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtVpOtRv4Zw
How do I type conjunct letters?
Please follow the following video link on how to type conjunct letters. This video is available on our “Local Language Technical Help Centre” YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHh7750wCc
Which versions of android phones support Sinhala?
All Versions of android phones support to Sinhala language.
Why should I adhere to the Unicode standard?
Unicode provides a unique number for every character, no matter what the platform, no matter what the program, no matter what the language. It has been adopted by all modern software providers and now allows data to be transported through many different platforms, devices and applications without corruption.
In an office environment: Iskoola Pota is not there in my computer. We have been asked to use those fonts. From where do I find it?
- First search for Iskoola Pota font in internet and download it.
- Then install the downloaded file into your computer. In MS word, click home tab and then, click dialog box launcher arrow in the Font group. Under Font, select the font Iskoola Pota.
- Now you can use Iskoola Pota font to type Sinhala.
- And also you need to setup Sinhala onto your computer.
In an office environment: When I type my computer using MS Office, everything renders well, but when I send the document to my colleague’s computer, the yansaya, rakaransaya, and the repaya break-up. How do we avoid that situation?
First, you have to select the full document and select a particular font like Iskoola Pota. Then this break-up will remove from the document.
In an office environment: We were using old version of MS word. Now we have upgraded to a new version. When I open documents typed on old versions of Word, with the new version of Word, yansaya, rakaransaya and the repaya break-up. I cannot type these documents again. How do I avoid this situation?
There are no errors typing Sinhala in the new version and old versions of MS Word.
We use google input to type Sinhala, and the words are broken in the output. What do I do? I use an apple computer.
Apple computers help for google input to type Sinhala language.
In an office environment: from where can I find training on using standards-compliant Sinhala and Tamil for end-user staff and also for staff-grade officers.
We can provide training for you.